- Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new and better therapeutic solutions.
- Melinta’s lead product is Baxdela, an antibiotic approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
- Melinta also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this pipeline provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections.
- Combating the threat of bacterial infections by discovering, developing and commercializing novel antibiotics.
- In the U.S., at least two million people acquire serious bacterial infections that are resistant to one or more antibiotics each year. Antibiotic-resistant infections also add considerable and potentially avoidable costs to the U.S. healthcare system. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Antibiotic Resistance Threat Report, the total estimated financial cost of antibiotic resistance to the U.S. may reach as high as $20 billion in excess direct healthcare costs, with additional societal costs for lost productivity as high as $35 billion a year.
“With deep knowledge of the biopharmaceutical space, broad industry contacts and executional capabilities, Vatera has very clearly differentiated itself not only as a patient investor but also as a value-added partner who truly believes in Melinta’s mission.”
President and Chief Executive Officer